Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Country Store Decor

Not unlike many women I know, I too dream of the day I can have my own little store that reflects my passion, decor sense and style. How much fun it would be to collect beautiful items to adorn the shelves and walls, fabulous old furniture to display my wares and lots of cubbies or drawers filled with unique finds. I definitely have a soft spot for vintage and antique furniture, handmade wares and good old fashion country store decor.

Ohhh the things I would do to a blank space like this!!

I definitely want a space with historic qualities like exposed brick walls!

Beautiful cubby displays - old mail boxes and wooden crates.

Antique cabinets filled with house wares.

A country store feel that invites you to slow down and take a stroll.

Filing drawers and dresser drawers filled with this and that.

A special place for my ever growing antique button collection.

And of course a beautiful antique cash register to complete the experience!

For me the fun part is collecting some of these fantastic pieces now! I have been stashing away things like vintage post cards, antique buttons, ornate picture frames, antique mirrors, and lots other bits and pieces! When the day comes I get to see my dream through to fruition I'll be well on my way to furnishing it!

No comments: